Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Blog

I've just added a new blog to my blog list and that's the blog for ALA's virtual presence. They have an island on Second Life and are hosting programming there!

I was hearing a lot about Second Life and libraries back before I knew what Web 2.0 was and then I stopped hearing/reading about it, but here it is, back again.

I was fascinated when all my various crime television shows began working all the new Web 2.0 technology into their story lines. A live murder of teenage girl on web cast, could that be Michelle Trachtenberg otherwise known as TV Buffy's little sister/key, Dawn on Law and Order? Then Gary Sinese's Mac from CSI: NY had to have help creating a sexier, more appealing Second Life Avatar to track a killer. It is pretty funny that all of the shows felt the need to have the younger cast members be the ones hip to the new technology.

Though I certainly fit the bill of this ageist stereotype, I'm willing to be thanks to ELL and an unbridled addiction to television, that, come the holiday family time, I know more about these new technologies than, even, most of my younger family members. I can't wait to find out.

No comments: