Saturday, October 4, 2008

Web Tools-Thing #18

I tried using Google Docs. It's a very handy thing. Though I, unlike many posters about this topic have only one place I usually use word processing, and that's right here at the library.

I have, on very rare occasions, used word processing for home use, but I tend to use my home computer for home and my work computer for work.

While I have enough work that I could work at home and still never get ahead, I resist the urge to take library work home. So, while being able to access word documents from anywhere, I won't be using it much, it's good to know the application is there.

As the proverbial, "They" say, "No one ever died wishing they spent more time at work."

I did type up the minutes from our Staff Development day in Google Docs but then I selected all and copied them into the Shared/Everyone Inservice Folder.

I share the concerns of other ELL bloggers, in that, I am not completely convinced these documents are secure.

1 comment:

BookChook said...

It's the collaboration of google docs i find so useful. Admittedly, it can get messy with lots of different input, but right now, some of us are planning a big online campaign to push reading to kids, and it is so handy. It has meant we have a central space for planning, brainstorming, note-dumping, questions. We have been able to refine documents by working on them together.