Monday, September 15, 2008

del.icio.us

I enjoyed the opportunity to learn a bit more formally about del.icio.us. I have to say the 8 minute tutorial was very helpful. It showed me some uses I wouldn't have considered.

I could see if I was ever teaching, or a student again, it could be a big help to be able to create a shared reading list or suss out resources by using what others had found.

I still have to admit, however, that I liked the old MyBookmarks account for the EPL Reference bookmarks much better. Give me a formal taxonomy over a folksonomy any day.

Tag clouds may be cool looking, but I prefer an outline. I like to see the organizational structure. I like categories and sub-categories, not infinite tag combinations. It just seems so chaotic to me.

I like the idea of bookmarks that follow me from work to home on various computers so I may give it a try at some point in the future, but just not now.

1 comment:

laura said...

I really liked setting this up but the jury is still out as to whether I'll remember to use it...