Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pondering Mashups

I'm glad that we weren't required to make our own librarian trading cards or anything for this exercise. I'd have to make my character "fictional" because I truly dislike having my photo taken, in fact it's almost an irrational phobia.

I have to say that if there's one thing I don't like about my chosen profession it is the unfortunate fact that I have to appear on camera or in print photos, at least sometimes. If I could avoid this altogether, why my chosen career is practically, perfectly suited to me.

As far as the mashups go, they looked fun and I loved the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Motivational Poster link that Heather shared with us. I can't see that I personally would use many of these. (Hello, the woman with dozens of pretty pitiful photos still trapped in her digital camera, here.) In the hands of others, though, I enjoy seeing the end products that others have created.

Heather shared the Flickr page of the Lester Public Library in Wisconsin and I have to say I found this mosaic of "This morning from Youth Services" very beautiful.

Now if anyone would like, I can get working on my mosaic from Youth Services featuring pigeons, or possibly pigeon parts, undigested by peregrine falcons?

No comments: