Saturday, August 9, 2008

RSS Feeds

I had only learned what an RSS feed was back at an AdTeam meeting when Dave Jordan was presenting us with the new EPL web design. One of my fellow managers asked whether we would have RSS feeds for our content. Yes, we would.



Well, what are they I wondered? I did a bit of research and learned a little bit and thought they were a good thing, but not for me.



Well, I've successfully subscribed to some of the EPL RSS feeds and Google Reader's suggested Fun feeds and to couple of Blogs I was reading fairly regularly. It seems like an awful lot of reading.



I remember taking a look at Second Life when folks were buzzing about it. My feeling then was that I don't have enough time for my first life, the last thing I need is to try to keep up with a second life.



Forget a second life, I'm going to be spending my first life on the computer reading web content. Yikes!

Well, I've completed "thing 5." 18 more to go.

1 comment:

laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.